– CONCORD, N.C. (April 30, 2017) – Shawn Cowie outlasted a Top Alcohol Dragster field loaded with Goodyear-equipped cars to win the TAD final at the NHRA 4 Wide Nationals at zMAX Dragway. Cowie was one of eight drivers using Goodyears to advance to the second round of TAD racing at zMAX. No other tiremaker had a car in the second round.
The TAD category is a part of the NHRA’s Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series for sportsman racers. Other Goodyear-shod sportsman winners included Bruno Massel (in Competition Eliminator) and Peter Biondo (Super Stock). Added to Goodyear’s winning cars in the professional categories, the sportsman action brought Goodyear’s win total to six. No other tiremaker matched that total.
The TAD class is for the fastest and most powerful cars in sportsman drag racing. Cowie raced on Goodyear’s D3122 drive tire and said, “They stick and hook me up and get me down the race track.” The D3122 measures 34.5 inches tall and 17 inches across the tread face. It mounts on a 16-inch wheel.
Massel, the NHRA on Fox reporter, is a former world champion in Comp Eliminator and he won his titles on Goodyear tires. That experience came in handy, he said.
“We have the old Goodyear Pro Stock tire on the back, the D2200, Old Faithful, as I call it,” Massel said. “It gets us down the track every time.” The D2200 has the same dimensions as the current tires Goodyear produces for the Pro Stock class and has a 105-inch rollout.
Massel collected his 11th national event victory.
Biondo won his 51st national event. Every one of those wins have come on Goodyear tires. He used Goodyear’s D2070 drive tire on his car. The D2070 stands 33 inches tall, is 14.5 inches wide and mounts on a 15-inch rim.
Goodyear employs about 66,000 people at manufacturing plants and facilities in 22 countries. Based in Akron, Ohio, Goodyear is among the largest tiremakers in the world and is the worldwide leader in race tire innovation.
Archived Radio Shows
PollsSorry, there are no polls available at the moment.
- 101st Running of the Indianapolis 500 Results May 28, 2017
- Brown Takes 83rd Victory at Bowman Gray May 28, 2017For your average driver, the 83rd victory wouldn’t seem particularly significant. But for Tim Brown of Tobaccoville and the crew of his number 83 car, the 83rd victory is a landmark. Brown’s grandfather raced in a number 83 car. Brown has run the number 83 for his entire racing career. And now that he’s clinched […]
- Nelson Claims Grandfather's Memorial Trophy at Meridian Speedway May 28, 2017Vibrant sun and a fast racetrack greeted a full garage area of Meridian Speedway competitors as they assembled for Saturday’s Les Schwab Tire Race Night. The NASCAR Whelen All-American Series Modifieds, Domino’s Legends, TEAM Mazda Mini Stocks, TATES Rents Hornets, and Junior Stingers opened Memorial Day Weekend with hard fought racing action. The NASCAR Whelen […]
- "Real Deal" Kyle Strohl bags Mahoning Valley Speedway Modified laurels May 28, 2017There’s a reason why Palmerton’s Kyle Strohl is referred to as the “Real Deal.” In five years’ time he continues to build on a career that doesn’t cease to amaze as his accomplishments are adding up more and more. In Saturday night’s 35-lap Modified feature Strohl had a fan thrilling battle with Nick Baer and […]
- VIDEO: Buddy Lazier Wrecking in the 101st Running of the Indianapolis 500 May 28, 2017
- Keselowski and Elliott 600 Chances Eliminated by Freak Accident
- Harvick Chasing Coca-Cola 600 Win from Pole
- Bowyer in Hot Pursuit of First Victory with Stewart-Haas Racing at Charlotte
- Ryan Blaney Reigns in Wild Hisense 4K TV 300
- Ryan Blaney Scores the Win in Hisense 4K TV 300 – Race Results
- Finchum finally gets first Kingsport Speedway NASCAR victory in 2017
- McDowell Seeks to Continue Momentum in Coca-Cola 600
- Larson Fastest in Final Coca-Cola 600 Practice
- Allgaier Wins Pole for Hisense 4K TV 300
- Ryan Blaney, Erik Jones Top Practice at Charlotte
- 2017 Fantasy Football Average Draft Position - ADP May 29, 2017An early look at fantasy football ADP. Updated daily
- Scouting The MLB DFS - Sunday, May 28 ($) May 28, 2017Cash in on a full slate of MLB action with our top DFS plays on DraftKings and FanDuel
- Fantasy Baseball: Week 9 Two-Start Pitchers May 28, 2017Senior Fantasy Baseball Expert Adam Ronis covers all the two-start pitchers for Week 9 and which ones are must-starts, which to avoid and which to play at your own risk.
- Updated Fantasy Football NFL Depth Charts May 28, 2017These are fantasy specific depth charts and may not always match the "official" NFL team depth charts.
- 2017 Fantasy Football: Tennessee Titans Team Outlook May 27, 2017Shawn Childs provides an in-depth preview of the Tennessee Titans heading into the 2017 Fantasy Football season. Profiled players include Marcus Mariota, Derrick Henry, DeMarco Murray, Corey Davis, and Rishard Matthews.
- 2017 Fantasy Football Average Draft Position - ADP May 29, 2017
What are we tweeting about?
- Loading tweets ...
- Follow @tbalance on twitter.
2014 World Series
- The Balance Indy 500 Special "33 Cars"We were pushing so hard - Lap 3 and 4 were so on edge and I brushed the wall, but held on. I'm very happy to be in the second row, obviously, the front row would be nicer but this was a great team effort. I am very happy with where we are staring. (The […]
- The Balance Air Date 5/13/2017 !!I want to win a championship and to win the Indy 500 makes me want it so much more. Scott Dixion! Its Saturday Morning Join host Tom Marquis and The Balance Team This is the ONE place where fanatics can come together and talk about their favorite teams. The Balance brings you an […]
- The Balance Indy 500 Special "33 Cars"