– CONCORD, N.C. (April 30, 2017) – Shawn Cowie outlasted a Top Alcohol Dragster field loaded with Goodyear-equipped cars to win the TAD final at the NHRA 4 Wide Nationals at zMAX Dragway. Cowie was one of eight drivers using Goodyears to advance to the second round of TAD racing at zMAX. No other tiremaker had a car in the second round.
The TAD category is a part of the NHRA’s Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series for sportsman racers. Other Goodyear-shod sportsman winners included Bruno Massel (in Competition Eliminator) and Peter Biondo (Super Stock). Added to Goodyear’s winning cars in the professional categories, the sportsman action brought Goodyear’s win total to six. No other tiremaker matched that total.
The TAD class is for the fastest and most powerful cars in sportsman drag racing. Cowie raced on Goodyear’s D3122 drive tire and said, “They stick and hook me up and get me down the race track.” The D3122 measures 34.5 inches tall and 17 inches across the tread face. It mounts on a 16-inch wheel.
Massel, the NHRA on Fox reporter, is a former world champion in Comp Eliminator and he won his titles on Goodyear tires. That experience came in handy, he said.
“We have the old Goodyear Pro Stock tire on the back, the D2200, Old Faithful, as I call it,” Massel said. “It gets us down the track every time.” The D2200 has the same dimensions as the current tires Goodyear produces for the Pro Stock class and has a 105-inch rollout.
Massel collected his 11th national event victory.
Biondo won his 51st national event. Every one of those wins have come on Goodyear tires. He used Goodyear’s D2070 drive tire on his car. The D2070 stands 33 inches tall, is 14.5 inches wide and mounts on a 15-inch rim.
Goodyear employs about 66,000 people at manufacturing plants and facilities in 22 countries. Based in Akron, Ohio, Goodyear is among the largest tiremakers in the world and is the worldwide leader in race tire innovation.
Archived Radio Shows
PollsSorry, there are no polls available at the moment.
- Raphael Lessard in Florida for the Southern Super Series' Championship race September 22, 2017Raphaël Lessard made his way to Florida this week to participate on Saturday evening in the Deep South Cranes 125, the final race of the Southern Super Series' (SSS) championship in Pensacola, located on the western-most point of Florida, on the Gulf of Mexico. Saddened by his misfortune of last weekend at the Toledo Speedway […]
- NASCAR and Dover International Speedway to Award Ronald Tello During Hispanic Heritage Month September 22, 2017NASCAR has partnered with Dover International Speedway to celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month (Sept. 15-Oct. 15) and recognize the contributions of Ronaldo Tello, executive director of Delaware Hispano Magazine, for his many contributions to the Hispanic community of Delaware. Tello, now a proud U.S. citizen, came to Delaware from Lima, Peru, his hometown, in 2002 as […]
- Historic 4-Crown Nationals This Weekend at Eldora September 22, 2017Just days after a record-breaking World 100 event, Eldora Speedway’s exciting fall schedule continues with the nation’s five powerhouse open-wheel racing divisions converging on the famed half-mile, high-banked, clay oval this weekend for the 36th running of the 4-Crown Nationals Weekend presented by NKT.tv. The World of Outlaws (Outlaws) Craftsman Sprint Car Series kicks […]
- Reed Ready for 2017 NASCAR XFINITY Series Playoffs September 21, 2017Ryan Reed secured his position in the 2017 NASCAR XFINITY Series Playoffs with his win in his No. 16 Lilly Diabetes Ford Mustang in the season opener at Daytona International Speedway. The 2017 Playoffs kick off this Saturday night at Kentucky Speedway and Reed has his eyes on a solid finish to set the tone […]
- Hamlin, Martin, Larson and Busch offer thoughts on the ValleyStar 300 September 21, 2017Denny Hamlin rubbed his chin, gritted his teeth and said “the Late Model race at Martinsville.” The question was simple, “what race would you want to have another chance at winning?” Hamlin, who has won major races from the Daytona 500 to Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series races at Martinsville Speedway, made no bones about […]
- Raphael Lessard in Florida for the Southern Super Series' Championship race September 22, 2017
- Kyle Busch Wins New Hampshire Pole; 8th Pole of Season
- Creed Earns First Career Pole at Kentucky
- Dale Earnhardt Jr Calls Out NASCAR Regarding Penalties Against Teammate
- Lee Pulliam Secures Fourth National Title
- Mason Diaz Looks Ahead to Martinsville After Decorated Regular Season
- Consistency of Manufacturers in NASCAR’s Cup Series
- McDowell Continues Despite Blurry Future in Cup Series
- Ford EcoBoost /Matt DiBenedetto – New Hampshire Race Advance
- Reed Ready for 2017 NASCAR XFINITY Series Playoffs
- MyWhy Joins Justin Haley and GMS Racing as Primary Sponsor
- Week 1: Fantasy Baseball Central March 31, 2016A hub for all of Week 1's Fantasy Baseball articles and videos by your Scout Fantasy Experts!
- Scouting The NBA DFS - Thursday, March 31 (Premium) March 31, 2016There are some fantastic DFS value plays for this 6-game slate of NBA action. Find out who you should target for your DraftKings and FanDuel lineups in our daily breakdown
- Week 1: AL West Closer Report (Premium) March 31, 2016Senior Fantasy Baseball Expert Shawn Childs examines the backend of each team in the American League West's bullpen as we get ready for opening day!
- Dr. Roto?s Last-Minute Visionary Wisdom (Premium) March 31, 2016Senior Fantasy Baseball Expert Dr. Roto gives his last-minute advice before Draft Day!
- Daily Dr. Roto: Disabled List Woes March 31, 2016Dr. Roto discusses the significance of the DL in Fantasy Baseball.
- Week 1: Fantasy Baseball Central March 31, 2016
What are we tweeting about?
- Loading tweets ...
- Follow @tbalance on twitter.
2014 World Series
- The Balance Air date 9/16/2017"If you aren't going all the way, why go at all?" ---Joe Namath, Hall of Fame football quarterback (1965-1977) Its Indy Car Championship Weekend...Who will be the 2017 Indy Champion? Indiana Amvets presents Breaking Break... Tom, and Rick will break down the top 25 College Football Games of the week Week 2 NFL..Ed Kracz will […]
- The Balance Air Date 9/9/2016Are you ready for some football Football doesn't build character, it reveals character ...Marv Leavy.. Indy Car/NASCAR Talk on tap Breaking Rank Breaks down the all the College Football action Opening Weeekend for the NFL. We have it all covered for you This is the ONE place where fanatics can come together and talk about […]
- The Balance Air date 9/16/2017