MORRISON, Colo. (July 24, 2016) – Racers at the NHRA Mopar Mile High Nationals had to fight wind, dodge rain drops and overcome heat and altitude all weekend long at Bandimere Speedway and six of those racers won on Goodyear tires.
“It’s tough to go through so many conditions,” said Competition Eliminator winner Lou Ficco. “You have a little cool in the morning, hot in the middle of the day, moisture in the evening. The track was great and our Goodyear tires were awesome.”
The Goodyear Six included Ficco, John Baker (in Top Sportsman) and John Bianco (Super Street) in the Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series for sportsman racers. The Goodyear-shod winners in the Mello Yello Drag Racing Series for professional teams were Tony Schumacher (Top Fuel), John Force (Funny Car) and Allen Johnson (Pro Stock).
Ficco, Wheatridge, Colo., won his eighth career national event, defeating Clint Neff in an all-Goodyear final round. Ficco’s car had a set of D2053 Goodyear slicks on the rear axle of his 1,350-horsepower, 2,545-pound full bodied race car.
“It’s a great short tire that we really like,” Ficco said. “That tire has worked well for us, we like to stick with it.”
Baker, Grand Junction, Colo., won in his first appearance in the final round of a national event and said, “I love Goodyear tires.”
Baker said Jim Whiteley, who has won multiple NHRA championships on Goodyear tires, is part of Baker’s team. Baker drove a 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt.
“The tires give us the traction we need to get from Point A to B,” Baker said. “I know it’s a good, safe tire to run.”
Bianco, Golden, Colo., said his 1955 Chevrolet weighs 2,850 pounds and generates 1,040 horsepower.
“It takes a good tire to work on this car,” he said.
Goodyear employs about 66,000 people at manufacturing plants and facilities in 22 countries. Based in Akron, Ohio, Goodyear is among the largest tire makers in the world and is the worldwide leader in race tire innovation.
Archived Radio Shows
PollsSorry, there are no polls available at the moment.
- Houff Posts Pair of Top Five Finishes in his Return to Racing in Virginia March 27, 2017Quin Houff made his hometown fans proud by returning to Virginia in the CARS Tour Duels at Dominion on Saturday and bringing home a pair of fourth place finishes. It was Quin’s final super late model race before his NASCAR Xfinity Series debut at Bristol Motor Speedway next month. Houff started the first duel […]
- Mears and GEICO Military team hustle to 14th at Fontana March 27, 2017While the 2017 NASCAR Xfinity Series season got underway at Daytona International Speedway in February, Casey Mears and his No. 98 GEICO Ford Mustang made their debut this weekend in southern California. Just before the start of the season, Mears and GEICO announced a 12-race schedule with Biagi-DenBeste Racing that commenced in Fontana. A native […]
- Edsel Ford to Serve as Honorary Pace Car Driver at Martinsville March 27, 2017A Ford will lead the field to green in more than one way Sunday at Martinsville Speedway. Track President Clay Campbell announced today that Edsel Ford, the grandson of Henry Ford, will be the Honorary Pace Car Driver for the STP 500. Ford, who also serves as a board member for the Ford Motor Company, […]
- NKNPSW: Gilliand Dominates Final Two Events of NAPA 500 Challenge March 27, 2017Races No. 3 and 4 in the NASCAR K&N Pro Series West division were held Saturday at Irwindale Speedway as a double header. The Twin NAPA 100’s were the final two events of the NAPA 500 Challenge. The NAPA 500 Challenge includes four races in eight days at racetracks in Arizona and California such as […]
- Purdy Claims Pair of Runner-up Finishes at CARS Tour Duels at Dominion March 27, 2017Chase Purdy rode the momentum from his Rattler 250 weekend into the Commonwealth of Virginia on Saturday afternoon, qualifying second for both races in the CARS Tour Duels at Dominion and racing in the top three for both events. Ultimately, he finished second in both races, his best career super late model finish. Purdy […]
- Houff Posts Pair of Top Five Finishes in his Return to Racing in Virginia March 27, 2017
- Three Events in Three States This Week!
- After string of seconds, Kyle Larson captures victory in Fontana
- Fabian Coulthard wins at Australian Grand Prix
- Motorcraft/Quick Lane Team Overcomes Adversity to Finish Ninth in Fontana
- Late-Race Incident Relegates Bayne to 23rd-Place Finish in Fontana
- Larson holds off Logano for NASCAR XFINITY win at Auto Club Speedway
- Service King 300 Race Results
- Leavine Family Racing Crafts New Marketing Approach
- Auto Club 400 Starting Lineup
- NXS Service King 300 Preview
- Jayson Braddock's 2017 NFL Mock Draft 1.0 March 28, 2017With the NFL Draft about a month away, Jayson Braddock provides the picks and analysis for the 2017 NFL Mock Draft version 1.0!
- 2017 Fantasy Baseball: Toronto Blue Jays Podcast March 28, 2017Dr. Roto previews the Toronto Blue Jays after moving on from Edwin Encarnacion
- 2017 Fantasy Baseball: Toronto Blue Jays Preview ($) March 28, 2017Dr. Roto looks at the Toronto Blue Jays projected starting lineup and pitching rotation as we approach the 2017 Fantasy Baseball season!
- Cincinnati Reds OF Stolen Base Stud Billy Hamilton: Is the Price Right? March 28, 2017Cincinnati Reds outfielder Billy Hamilton has surpassed 50 stolen bases each of the past three seasons providing Fantasy owners with a huge edge in speed.
- Scouting The NBA DFS - Monday, March 27 ($) March 28, 2017There is a full slate of NBA action tonight and the Daily DFS Breakdown will help you cash on DraftKings and FanDuel
- Jayson Braddock's 2017 NFL Mock Draft 1.0 March 28, 2017
What are we tweeting about?
- Loading tweets ...
- Follow @tbalance on twitter.
2014 World Series
- The Balance Air Date 3/24/2017 !!“You have to do something in your life that is honorable and not cowardly if you are to live in peace with yourself.”– Larry Brow March Madness is in Full swing ....we will check on on the "The Elite 8" NASCAR TALK.... Fan Pages https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Balance/132589863441272 https://www.facebook.com/IndyInMay https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Indy/167912489992266 Its Saturday Morning Join host Tom Marquis and […]
- The Balance Air Date 3/17/2017 !!“When you’re riding, only the race in which you’re riding is important.”– Bill Shoemaker Fan Pages https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Balance/132589863441272 https://www.facebook.com/IndyInMay https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Indy/167912489992266 Its Saturday Morning Join host Tom Marquis and The Balance Team This is the ONE place where fanatics can come together and talk about their favorite teams. The Balance brings you an analytical breakdown of sports from […]
- The Balance Air Date 3/24/2017 !!